Sunday, July 12, 2009

Road Trip '09

(Take a look at the date above. Yeah, I my have started working on this post back then, but didn't actually blog it till yesterday July 28)
I've had so much happening this summer and I'm so far behind on my blog! We've had vacations, a move, a funeral and many more things. I'll try to catch you all up. I'll start with the first half of our road trip to Idaho to see Jared's sister Stephanie and her family.This was our first stop in Utah. We stopped at one of my old roommates from college house, Heather (she's on the left). In the middle is Christy, she has been one of my best friends since we were 5 and she was my roommate in college, too. We have 3 other awesome roomies that we are really close to, but unfortunately, they weren't there.Here's my baby, luke with his favorite boots on. Heather had the same pair so they modeled them together. She's next to her sweet boy, Michael.
Here's all our kids together. This was really fun to see them play because when we were in college we always talked about staying close friends and one day being able to watch our kids play together. By the way, Heather thanks for having us to your beautiful home and feeding us such a yummy dinner!!!

Heather made this collage and put it on her blog. I stole it from her.
This was a stop in Moab. It was beautiful, but REALLY hot!!!
After leaving Heather's, we headed to Christy's house. Her husband is firefighter and we got to take the kids for a special, private tour of the firehouse. That's Jared with Christy's hubby, Brian.

Christy and I took so many pictures this trip and she's got such an awesome camera!

I love this pic of out girls together! In the middle is Morgan, Christy's cute girl!






Christy and I have a picture taken just like this of us when we are around 5. I'll have to try and find it one of these days and post it.










I promise to post more soon!!! I have SOOO many pictures that I'm overwhelmed!

1 comment:

DMK RANCH said...

Love you Mel. So glad you came to see me. Miss you girls.