Monday, March 22, 2010

New Table

One of the things that I don't like about my new house is the small size of our breakfast room. The house we were in before had a huge breakfast room where our table was able to have 1 of it's 2 leaves in it at all times. It sat 8-10 people and was so nice to have company over for dinner! When we moved in and put our table (that J and I both love) in its place we both said, it doesn't work here. So after the chairs were banged into the walls over and over leaving marks, we finally went to get a new one that would properly fit.

Here is our old table:
(I'm happy to report it has a new home at Carianne's house)
And here is the new one:
I'm loving it! When I first saw it, I thought of Desiree's blog Decor de Provence .
She shows lots of shots of French, Gustavian and Belgian decor with this light colored stained wood. I wasn't sure it would go with my kitchen, but as soon as we got it in place (and it wasn't easy to get it in the house) I was in Love!

I found the table at The Dump (it's a Houston thing). I feel like I always have good luck there.
So now, I need to figure out what kind of chairs to get. I want some smaller ones. Give me your thoughts on that ladies.



7 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Mel, it looks fab. I love it.

Cathy Hengst Photography said...

LOVe the table! I think you just need a smaller chairs to make it balance out. BUT if you decide to sell your chairs you have now let me know we will be looking for some like that to go in our breakfast area soon(already have the table). I will have to check out the dump, I forget about it and am looking for a large dining room table very similar in style to the one you got except rectangle with two bases.

Leslie said...

wow, that is a great find. very restoration hardware-ish. :)

i'd go for some cool metal chairs. although they would not be comfortable at all. hmmm

Melanie Rossi said...

Cathy,

I'll email you about the chairs because as soon as I find a replacement, I'm for sure selling them!

Leslie,

Thanks for the idea!

Leslie said...

I have a few ideas as well. The other Leslie scooped me on one. After being over the other day I was thinking about metal chairs for you! I guess all Leslie's have great minds!

Leslie said...

p.s. I would also suggest a rug to break up the difference in the wood tones between the table and the floor. I love overstock.com for rugs. Cheap cheap cheap

Cristina said...

I LOVE that table. You could come decorate my house any day!