Monday, March 15, 2010

Shutters!

I got my shutters installed today! LOVE them! Here are some before and after shots.
Excuse the mess in the before pic. I was lazy and didn't feel like cleaning up.





These are 31/2 inch wood shutters and they were painted white to match the trim in my house.




Notice those framed flowers? Those are the flowers from my wedding. My mom had them dried and framed for me after our wedding. It is one of my favorite things!








As soon as I decide on paint color, I'll be sewing and putting up 4 panels to hang on each side of each window. The rod is already there and waiting.


So here is my family room couch and ottoman. I'm really hungry to change this look! My husband will not let me buy a new couch since this one is not "old" enough in his eyes. However, I am planning on either recovering the ottoman in a dark leather or getting a new wood one.
Here is something I would love:

This coffee table is from Restoration Hardware and I LOVE it! The only problem is the price. I'll have to keep looking.
You can also see in my family room picture that I have several paint samples on the wall. I can't decide what to do! I'm so torn. HELP! I would either like to go in the grey direction or brown like my kitchen walls.

8 comments:

Amanda Herrold said...

They look so great!!!

Cathy Hengst Photography said...

Hi Melanie,

I thought I posted on here this morning but it looks like I must not have saved it. Anyways I am a friend of Jamies and LOVE reading your blog. Your decorating is beautiful! We are building a home and I want the exact same lights you have above your island and was wondering you mind sharing where you got them. I have found some at Pottery Barn but of course they are expensive so I was wondering if you by chance got them somewhere else.

Thanks A bunch!

cathy_hengst@sbcglobal.net

Melanie Rossi said...

Cathy,

Thanks for the compliment! I actually got those lights from Pottery Barn. When I saw them originally at PB, I didn't buy them right away because I thought I might be able to find them somewhere else, but I didn't(and I looked hard). If I where you, I'd save up a little and then go for it. They are worth it!

mel

Jenny said...

I just love them! They look great - everything does :)

Lelani said...

Melanie--beautiful!!!! I want new shutters. I'm sick of my wood blinds.

Morgan said...

Hey Melanie! You don't know me. I came across your blog a little while back and I really should have left you a comment before now. I hope that you don't mind my reading. I love your blog and I love your house. It's so pretty! You've done such a great job decorating it and making it your own!

So you mentioned that table from Restoration Hardware and then just this morning I saw this posted on another blog: http://caitlinwilsondesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/brickmakers-table.html. Here's a link to the Ballard Designs table: http://www.ballarddesigns.com/Furniture/Tables/Coffee-Tables/Durham-Cocktail-Table/p/11877?path=1%2C2%2C1443%2C1490%2C1702&iProductID=11877
I thought you might find that helpful!

Morgan said...

Ok, so I just realized that the table that you mentioned is a different one, but the two are kind of similar. Maybe it still might be kind of helpful!

Melanie Rossi said...

Morgan,

You are awesome! Thank you so much! That is really helpful! I was just sitting at my laptop looking for coffe tables when you posted that. So funny! I just may buy that one...