When I began writing my blog a few years ago, I knew it would be the perfect journal for my family and I always knew I'd figure out a good way to print it so we'd have it in a book form. About 2 years ago, my good friend Amberlynn put an amazing blog book together using Blurb and I just knew that I wanted to do it also. So after finishing about 15-20 pages, I realized that it was basically digital scrap booking and have I ever mentioned that I HATE scrap booking? So, although I had finished many of the pages, I couldn't make myself finish it (and believe me, I tried).
Well, thanks to my friend Jamie Williams for posting about a really EASY version of a blog book, I was able to get it done!!!
It was from The Cutest Blog on the Block.
I can't even tell you how easy it was! It probably only took me 20 minutes. The down sides are that the the posts print out 1 after the other so it's not like each posts has its own page and the pictures are a little on the small side. But, for me, the positives WAY out weigh the negative! This book is all of my 2008 posts so I'm about to order one for 2009, and at the end of the year, I'll print 2010. This is so perfect for any of you who are like me and think the scrap booking is the most boring thing in the world! I know Jenny and Rebecca won't agree with that.
Now, I need to figure out an easy way to get my husbands mission pictures onto a disc. He really wants that done, but that sounds like a lot of work to me! Got any good ideas for doing that?
I can't even tell you how easy it was! It probably only took me 20 minutes. The down sides are that the the posts print out 1 after the other so it's not like each posts has its own page and the pictures are a little on the small side. But, for me, the positives WAY out weigh the negative! This book is all of my 2008 posts so I'm about to order one for 2009, and at the end of the year, I'll print 2010. This is so perfect for any of you who are like me and think the scrap booking is the most boring thing in the world! I know Jenny and Rebecca won't agree with that.
Now, I need to figure out an easy way to get my husbands mission pictures onto a disc. He really wants that done, but that sounds like a lot of work to me! Got any good ideas for doing that?
6 comments:
I want to know who is so unhappy with the book that they felt the need to flip it off in the first picture? :-) Ha! I love the book!!
Haha Leslie! I noticed that, but I thought his cute little fingers looked so perfect! That's Luke flipping off the book:)
You could hire one of the kids from church to scan them all in and just burn a disc. They work cheap ;)
I love the blog book - I've considered doing that but my blog doesn't seem very "journally" - it's just crazy pictures and little blurbs.
I love that you're showing us the picture of you in your awesomely sexy Santa dress the girls picked out!
I'm so, so glad you posted this! I've wanted to put blog entries into a book for awhile. I even signed up for blurb last week, but have done nothing with it because I was too overwhelmed with figuring out what the heck I was supposed to do after that! (I too hate scrapbooking, you are SO not alone there!) So you saved the day with this little tidbit, thanks!
This has been on my to do list since last Christmas....aaggghhh!
Yay! So glad you made one! Don't you just love it?!!
Post a Comment