
Carolyn had her big day May 13th and so with a little persuasion, I talked her hubby, Johnnie, into letting me throw her a big surprise party. I LOVE to plan parties, and so does Rebecca and so she was on my party planning committee, anyway we went nuts! We rented a tent and tables and had them set up in Rebecca's backyard. We decorated mainly w/ black and white, but we threw in some blue in the balloons. I sure wish I had some pics of the tent set up, but apparently I forgot. Check out that cake, I thought it was so pretty, I got it from Maureen's Bakery and we managed to fit 40 candles on top (I thought that was funny, Carolyn didn't)! Johnnie even made a few calls and got one their closest couple friends, John and Melanie, to come from Utah to the party. It was cute to see her reaction because she was still in shock after realizing it was a surprise party for her and then she like did a double take and ran over to where they were. I even tried to get Lydia dancing when i turned up Laffy Taffy really loud, but I was unsuccessful. (Lydia I love you and thank you for helping so much with the party!)I broke into Carolyn's house before the party to get pictures for a video and only a true friend like myself would feel comfortable enough to rummage through someone elses closet with all their personal things, but that's just me, a true friend who knows no boundaries! I think she might be installing a security system now to keep me out. Hopefully Carolyn forgave me because I of course found some perfect pics (and some hilarious ones -hello 80's) and I sent them to my sister-in-law Jenny to make the video and it turned out SO cute! Jenny is so talented! Jenny thanks again for doing that w/ such short notice!
Anyways, it turned out to be a great night! I really had an awesome time and I'm so glad i was able to help make her day extra special! She's seriously the best friend ever!
6 comments:
You are THE BEST FRIEND EVER!! and THE BEST PARTY PLANNER! Hope you didn't come across anything in my closet I should be embarrassed about! (Other than my
"80's" pictures.) How old were you when I was in High School? Just wait until you turn 40! I know...it's gonna be awhile!
Wow, you really know how to throw a wicked party! I'm impressed!!!
Mel, you are a fabulous friend. You did an awesome jon on the party. I did not get a single picture of the backyard either. We were just in bday bliss we forgot. Man we sweated like banchees out there to set up and then didn't get pictures.
Mel, you are a fabulous friend. You did an awesome jon on the party. I did not get a single picture of the backyard either. We were just in bday bliss we forgot. Man we sweated like banchees out there to set up and then didn't get pictures.
LOVE the cake!!
Hey Melanie,
Okay, I just noticed an "Amberlyn" leaving a comment before mine. I went to get on her blog and can't b/c it's private. Do you have her e-mail address?? Gerg and I have been trying to locate her for years!! Greg is going to be so excited! She was such a great friend of ours up in Utah. I wold love to say hello and get back in touch with her. Please tell her hello from Greg and I and to check out our blog if she'd like to.
Thanks!
Post a Comment