So luckily, there was quite a lot of extra fabric in the hem so I will be able to let it out and also, I made this one first so the other 5 (yes, I have 3 windows in there and therefore need 6 panels) I was able to make the rest the correct length and they're looking pretty good. Now I just have to get around the fixing the first screw up!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
My sewing issues
Alright I'm so frustrated!!! I do a little sewing every now and then, mainly curtains, so when I moved into this house, one of the first things I did was buy fabric to make curtains, I found this green fabric which wasn't my fav, but the price was $6 a yard so I bought it, started sewing my little heart out and then after I was all most finished I realized....
I CUT THEM TOO SHORT!!! DANG! So because they were too short, I didn't hem them so they wouldn't be any shorter.
Notice the frayed edges. Yea, I thought that was a nice touch. Anyway, because of the way these turned out and because of the low cost, I had planned on replacing them someday. I did recently buy some more fabric to replace them.
Fabric looks good, right? Started to make up my first panel, finished it and hung it and then I let out a huge SCREAM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Hey, that's WAY better than I could do! I think I know what a sewing maching looks like. :) Mellie, you are so talented. I think the curtains look beautiful, I honestly didn't think they looked short at all.
Yeah, that was supposed to be machine not maching. Case in point!
I think the curtains look great too. And I love the fabric!
They look so good. I would have been so mad at the first panel....yeah it all worked out good. Now we can go to lunch instead of you sitting behind the sewing machine :)
that's some great fabric, nice skills, but i feel you. short curtains are a pet peeve of mine, too. our rental house has some and i'm already planning on taking them down the day we move in. :)
I did that to my curtain too the first time I sewed them. I could have killed myself! They look cute though.
Wow! I am impressed. I can't even sew a straight line, well actually I've never tried...but, they look good to me!
I have the opposite problem I am afraid to cut mine because they were expensive and I don't want to ruin them so mine just drag on the floor which would be fine if they weren't infront of our sliding glass door that goes to the backyard! Maybe I should just send them to you!
ha ha ha oh, you made me laugh. they're beautiful!!!! glad you caught it on the first panel. you did well.
At least you can sew! I can't even sew a straight line. :) I personally think they look good, even if they are a little short.
Post a Comment