Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thank you Amberlynn!

So my really close friend, and former roomie from Ricks, is Amberlynn. She is a master blogger, but unfortunately she has a private blog, I want all you to check it out so tell me if your interested and she can send you an invite. I get most of my ideas from her blog, but my new favorite thing she's done is she made a book from her blog. It's from blurb.com and it turned out SOOO cute. Anyway, she always has the cutest picture collages, wallpapers and fonts so I picked her brain a couple of days ago over the phone, and she walked me through the blurb book and some digital scrap booking, which is perfect to go into the blurb book. Check out the website, it shows examples of different books. http://www.blurb.com/

Anyway, I was messing around with some of the ideas she was giving me and I made the collage at the top of the post from http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Here are some websites for free downloads of digital scrap booking papers and things
http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/index.html
http://www.shabbyprincess.com/downloads.asp

Anyways, I just wanted to share this info because I love blogging and it's even more fun when you can make it look better!

Lynnie- thank you so much for all your help! I love you!

7 comments:

Sarah Young said...

Justin's sister had told me about the blurb thing a little while ago, I just never did anything with it. You've re-inspired me to check it out again! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Melanie -- I found your blog a while ago and it is fun to see your kids growing so fast. I did my whole blog from last year into a book from blurb and loved it as well! I would love to see your friends blog as I am always looking for new and original ideas!
thanks
jamie

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I am so going to slurp my blog into a book. Check me out with the lingo. I'm so up with the times after taking that tutorial. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Amberlynn is so talented!! And from the looks of your first collage...so are you! :) I love it! I'll have to try it out. Thanks for the websites.

Julie said...

cute ideas and cute blog! It is fun to see pics of your kids- they are getting so big!

Lelani said...

Yes!! I am so-not-creative this is inspiring! Thank you for the info. And keep sharing, please! I want to be up with the times like Rebecca. lol

Amberlynn said...

Awwwwwww, thanks Mellie! You're the best! I love you too! Your collage looks amazing! You're a natural! I LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE it!
Love ya,
Lynnie