So we had a fun family weekend of camping with a couple of our good friends- the Lelands and the Fjords. Rebecca, Carolyn and I decided to rough it out and not take a shower and man were we a site by the end of the weekend! I was even embarrassed for J to see me that way, it was bad(I can only imagine what Raegan thought of me). When I finally got home and got in the shower, I was amazed at the amount of dirt I found and man it felt good to be clean again!!! Anyway, it actually was a really fun weekend! Jared brought out our projector so we hung up a sheet and watched movies, ate smores, drank hot chocolate, went fishing and shot clay pigeons with shot guns (I even hit a few:))
We camped out on the land that Jared leases for hunting so late at night and early in the morning J would sneak off with his buddies and do some manly hunting! He only started hunting 2 years ago (and immediately fell in love with it) so he had only shot things like wild boar and coyotes until this weekend when he shot his first buck. He was pretty excited and it really made his weekend. Now I have to figure out how to cook deer (sick).
Another big thing that happened was Sydney (my little sweet 8 year old) shot a boar. I can't believe she had the nerve because I wouldn't have! She has the cutest little pink 22 rifle. (by the way, we are VERY careful about her using it and have very strict rules and she can only use it with Jared watching!) Anyways, I was surprised to see how much fun she had hunting, she just told us that next time she wants to hunt for 9 days. I could go another year before camping again! She is turning out to be quite the tomboy and I wasn't expecting that.
I forgot my camera on the trip and therefore I have no pictures other than one Jared took on his cell phone of Syd next to her kill, but I didn't want to put it on the blog in case it offends someone. Maybe I'll get some pictures from Rebecca and post them later.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh, sad we missed the hunting. neal would have had fun with that. audrey would have been in tears. how did callie deal? :)
Sounds like a fun time (other than the hunting ;o) - glad you finally got a shower...that IS truly roughing it! Glad you're all back safely and happy
eeek. I went hunting once with my dad (in Idaho) and it was cold and boring. he ended up sending me back to the car because he said I talked too much. HA HA HA I did grow up eating deer and elk and you can pretty much do the same dishes as regular beef with a few exceptions. good luck!!!
Sounds like a fun weekend- and that Reagan is brave!! And apparently has quite the shot:)
Hope the deer is yummy!
I think I would have been more bothered by the lack of showering than the buck! What a great weekend for camping too! Sounds fun!
Jenni K.
(still having issues with the blogger login :)
Post a Comment