Sunday, November 23, 2008

Decorating for Christmas (a little early)

I get super excited each year to get out my Christmas decorations and it seems like each year I do it earlier and earlier. I guess I just love it so much that I want to be able to enjoy it longer. Plus, it's a several day process and this was only my first day. I started with the garland on my staircase, which just happens to be my favorite part.

I start by hanging up my huge garland that I get at a wholesaler in Houston (let me know if you want some). Then comes my Texas size bows. My theory is the bigger the better. And the real trick is getting many different ribbons in different sizes.
Then I stick in the red berries.


Last is the balls, in different sizes and sheens. I also have them in 2 colors- gold and red.
I love Christmas!!!!


9 comments:

Bertie said...

WOW! It looks great! Too bad I don't have stairs in my house!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful Melanie. I wish I could get geared up to do mine. Philip brought down all the boxes before he left for the deer lease and they are still sitting there. Happy Belated Birthday!

Leslie said...

i've always loved your garland, it's so elegant! great job!

Allieblog said...

I cannot believe you blogged this! I mean I was actually thinking of calling you today to take pictures of it so I could copy it. wow! Yes, let me know if I could get some garland.

Melanie Rossi said...

Hey, Allieblog hopefully you will read this because I'm not sure who you are:( The only Allie I know is Savannah's mom, but I don't think she reads my blog. I'm not sure. Anyways, call me!

Jenny Rossi said...

Wow woman you didnt break stride, your ready for Christmas. Let me guess you even had the christmas music going huh. Wish i was there to play along!

Melissa said...

Hey that Garland looks great. I had to give away some of the christmas stuff we had for the stairs to Mike's mom (since she bought it) and I was wanting to change as much as I could to make it my own for me and the kids. If you don't mind passing along the info..it'd be great.

Jenni K said...

Yes - pass along that garland info this way! And while you're at it - how about a tutorial on your mantle decorations! I remember how beautiful they were and I want some ideas :)

Jenni

Amberlynn said...

One day when we are in a house, I'll have to call you to be my interior decorater! Your stairs look amazing! SO beautiful! It was great visiting with you yesterday! Happy Early Birthday tomorrow!!! Love you heaps!