Monday, January 19, 2009

Bye Bye Friends!

Yesterday before going to church we made our way to a local pond to release our beloved fish back to their home. When we got these fish, I thought they would only last a few months and we'd be able to move on with our lives fish-free. Nine months later they are still alive and kicking. Apparently, I'm much better at fish care than I thought I'd be. So since they won't just die on their own and I don't have the heart to flush them, we decided to let them live a long happy life in "nature".





Warning***
The rest is me talking and bragging about my dogs. I've been trying to resist blogging about my dogs, but I can' help it. if you don't like dogs, stop reading!!!

After releasing the fish, we went to a park and let the kids and dogs play. Jared taught Maggie to go down the slide. She actually liked it.

I love this pic of Maggie. When she runs, she does this funny pouncing thing and I was able to catch it on camera. She's so dang cute. Except when she's chewing my shoes or peeing on my floor. We are a work in progress and she's getting SO much better. I'm pretty sure we won't end up releasing her to "nature". Actually, I have a lot hope for her because in a month she'll be off to some pretty intense dog hunting/ obedience training. Here's Trina. She's looking like speed racer in this picture. She's pretty fast for being so little. She's a good dog! I feel bad for her because she's timid and Maggie has come in and asserted her dominance. Maggie's always pouncing on her and stealing her toys. One day when Trina was gone to the groomers, Maggie was acting weird all day and I didn't know what the problem was. I thought she was sick because she wouldn't do anything but lay all day and she's a puppy so that is not normal for her. As soon as Trina got home that evening, Maggie was happy and back to normal. I thought it was so sweet! She loves her dog sister!

9 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I'm on to the whole releasing them into nature gig you are trying to sell.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Also, when did you guys get a brown bear? I'm surprised they allowed those in city parks!

Jenny said...

I agree! That is a brown bear! I have to see that pounce in person - looks really funny!

Leslie said...

is that a LABRADOODLE? love it.

Unknown said...

I thought that was bear flying through the air..haha

DMK RANCH said...

Mel, are you going to become one of those women that are obsessed with their dogs and dresses them up with bows in their hair?

I wish I liked my dogs as much as you like yours.

Anonymous said...

Someday I will have to give in to the dog thing-- you make it look like so much fun!

Calvert's Calling said...

That's funny about your fish. I'm way too good at fish care too, and a few months ago I took a walk to the park with Harrison and dropped our fish in the exact same pond (I didn't have the heart to flush them down the toilet!) It was about 3 weeks before Sophie and Bella even notice the fish were missing.

Amberlynn said...

Mellie, I never knew you would be such a dog lover; I LOVE IT!! You can brag about them anytime, they deserve it...sweet puppies!