Sunday, February 8, 2009

No Bake

How many of you out there have made no bake cookies? I personally never had. I've always thought that they sound kind of gross. Why wouldn't you bake them? It made no sense to me. Until today. I have officially been with out an oven for a month now. It broke after I turned on the self cleaning cycle, which after having it for 3 years I was finally using for the very first time. BIG MISTAKE! It hasn't worked since. At first, it was kind of fun. A real excuse not to cook. After 2 weeks it was a little annoying. Now it has gotten to the point of ridiculousness! Can you imagine serving a spaghetti dinner with no warm bread? Well, it's just not right and I'm sick of it!

Most of this is my fault. When it initially broke, I didn't call a repairman right away. Like I said- it was fun not cooking. After I finally managed to make the call, it of course took the guy a week to get out here. Then, he of course had to order a part. So now, 2 weeks after the repairman came, I'm still waiting.

Back to the cookies, after dinner tonight, chili made by J on the stove top, J said, I really want some cookies! I had to say " sorry honey, that's not possible". He then started rummaging through my cookbooks and found an old recipe of his mom's for no bake cookies. I have to say, they were pretty good for "no bake". I would still prefer baked ones, though. But under the circumstances, I did enjoy them!

Oh, and by the way, J's chili was so good! He used some duck sausage from one of his hunts. I was honestly surprised at how good it was. I actually think it was the best I have ever had!

7 comments:

Amberlynn said...

Oh yeah, no bake cookies are delish! I don't know about the duck though. Hmmmmmmm.

Amanda Herrold said...

Hey! Just found your blog! I have one too. Love it!

Alisha said...

Well now, I think, you must post the recipe for these no bake cookies!! I've never met a cookie I don't like!

Lelani said...

I like no bake cookies but I agree with you -- nothing beats a warm, gooey cookie from the over. I love the picture collage, btw. I wish I had a designer in my family. My house needs serious help!

Anonymous said...

Mel- Duck Sausage? Really? I can't even imagine what that would taste like.

One of my favorite no bake cookies from childhood is made from concentrated orange juice, vanilla wafers and coconut - p.s. I love the picture collage too!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I love nobake cookies. One of my favorites. They are done so fast, so you can get the instant sugar rush.

Mindy said...

Those cookies are so good, esp. with the peanut butter. I used to make them all the time with Ruthie Weaver when we lived there. And love your 'new' room!