Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Idaho



This is Raegan and William(who we call Petey) up on this huge stack of hay.


We went on our road trip this summer to Idaho to visit J's sister, Stephanie. It has taken me a long time to get these pics posted, but better late than never. Here's Katelyn on the left with Stephanie and Papa.


Stephanie, Hans and their 5 kids (Katelyn, Jessica, Jake, Petey and Lilly) live in a cute small town named Melba on a couple acres of land. They have horses and chickens which made it really fun!



Raegan fell in love with this miniature horse. She rode him as much as we let her. She was actually really good at controlling him.




Rae and J




Rae and me. Notice I'm riding bareback with flip-flops. Needless to say, I didn't feel completely safe.





This is my mother-in-law Teresa riding bareback also. Something spooked the horse and she took off quickly causing Teresa to loose her balance and fall. She ended up landing wrong on her foot and broke her heal. It was really sad! Unfortunately she's still in pain from that.



Hans was teaching me how to drive this big piece of equipment.




It was fun!




Another thing we did while we were in Idaho, was camp. Not as much fun for me, but the kids loved it.
Jessica
Jake
Petey

They were having a contest to see who could in the freezing water the longest! I only put my feet in. They lasted quite some time, I think because they were all numb!


Here's Hans diving in.



On our way home from camping, we stopped off to do some white water rafting. This was my first time and lucky for me, we had my 3 year on the boat so that meant we couldn't do any crazy rapids. Even though it wasn't the biggest rapids, it was still pretty scary.

We were there over the 4th of July and for some reason I can't find any of those pics. Stephanie threw a REALLY fun party that day full of yummy food, a bounce house and fun games for the kids. I was totally impressed by her party throwing skills! Thanks for such a fun weekend Stephanie and Hans! We had such a fun time!


4 comments:

Lelani said...

so they're closer to Nampa, Idaho. I grew up on the eastern end, closer to Idaho Falls. looks like a fun trip!

Jenny said...

That looks like such a fun trip. It's awesome going places that are so different than home. I love the pic of Raegan jumping in front of the bulldozer thing :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so adventurous! I love that last pic! So excited for you to stay as neighbors too!

IM1 EGYPTIAN said...




فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
فني ايكيا بالرياض
نجار بالرياض
فني تركيب دش
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض