Monday, September 7, 2009

We have a home!

I know many of you already know, but for those of you who don't...WE HAVE A HOME!!!!!! I can't even explain the relief I feel knowing that I'm (almost) not in limbo anymore. For all those enquiring minds, here's the official story. I personally think it's interesting enough to blog about.
Here's a picture of our best friends, Johnny and Carolyn Fjord:
We met about 5 years ago and once we started hanging out, we clicked fast. Johnny and Jared had similar minds in business and about 4 years ago became business partners. They are great together in business, but of course also have similar interest in many other things like boating, hunting, golfing and cars. Then there's Carolyn and I. We also have many of the same interest as well such as tennis, decorating, shopping and the need to get babysitters at least once a week! Carolyn and I even drive the same car. But, that was our husbands doing- they bought "company cars" for us about 3 years ago and surprised us with them. That was one of my favorite nights of my whole life!!!! We had gone out to dinner on a double date to Cheesecake Factory and when we were done, the valet drivers pulled around in front of the restaurant in 2 new suburbans they had just bought us. Carolyn and I FREAKED out! So fun, I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.


Anyway, the Fjord's have had their house on the market for several months and have had a house nearby that they were planning on moving into as soon as their old house sold. In the mean time, Jared and I got the moving bug. We really wanted a bigger backyard and a pool. We put our house on the market, and after a month or 2, it sold. On the other hand, unfortunately, the Fjord's house still wasn't selling. We considered buying their house, but in the end decided against it, mainly because it was a little out of our price range. In the mean time, we moved into a small rental house which I hate, but am grateful for, we put an offer on a house in Sienna Plantation- the offer got accepted and were really excited about it. Several weeks into the deal- getting closer and closer to closing, Johnny talked to Jared about lowering his sales price (right to where we needed it). Jared asked me what I thought, I said, I love that idea and so did he. We talked to the Fjord's and agreed on us buying their house, then Jared let the sellers agent of the Sienna house know that we were backing out (not too happy). And everything happened fast from there.


We closed on the house last week and will be moving in mid-Oct. The Fjords house that they bought is a BIG fixer-upper and as soon as they get all the work done over there, they will move out. It can't come fast enough for me, I can't wait! Poor Carolyn has to listen to me say, hurry and get out of my house" at least once or twice a day. Seriously though Carolyn, hurry up! haha. By the way, Carolyn, thank you for being such a clean freak! It will be so nice to move into a house I know is clean!

So this is the story. Hope you all enjoyed. And tell all your friends so they'll quit asking me "so where are you moving to?"

3 comments:

Lelani said...

I knew it!!! I'm very happy for you! And glad you're staying in the neighborhood. :-)

Calvert's Calling said...

I'm glad you guys are staying close by! It will be nice when Sophie starts FIG in Jan to have you close too!!

Julie said...

I am so happy you guys found somewhere you love and close by! Congrats and good luck with the big move!