Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fredericksburg

We met a couple of our closest friends for a weekend getaway to Fredricksburg, TX. That is such a fun town with lots of history, shopping and good food!This was at a resturant we went to on Valentines Day.

Us girls were all looking forward to coming and eating at the Rather Sweet Bakery. The owner has been on lots of different cooking shows and in tons of magazine articles featuring her baking skills. I have her cookbook The Pastry Queen and Jared and I use her recipe to make our cinnamon rolls. Really yummy! The food there was really good! We ate there for breakfast and lunch.

Rebecca, use a napkin!





The Fjord's and Lelands flew into Fredricksburg. We we all stayed at a hotel that is at the airport called the Hangar Hotel. It really was fun.


It only took them 2 hours to get there and it took us 4 hours to drive. No fair!












We were waiting for them to fly in.


6 comments:

Alisha said...

Fun weekend!

I was at a movie last weekend with some girlfriends & one of them was hungry... and got a hot dog. Thought of your blog post about that forever ago. She said the next day at church that it didn't agree with her very well! :)

Melanie Rossi said...

My friend still gives me a hard time about that!

Amberlynn said...

Hey Mellie! You are my inspiration for taking trips! I LOVE how you and Jared are always getting away for fun, exciting get aways. JEALOUS!!!! You'll have to share your secret for getting out; even after 3 kids. To answer your question, yes I am still going to visit Terah. In fact, I'm leaving this Sunday. Wanna come?!!! I'm pretty excited to see her and the fam. It's been too long since I've seen her fam. Love you!

Lelani said...

fun! I love that town!!! glad you had a great time.

Jenny said...

You all look so cute! I love that Hangar Hotel in the picture - that's awesome! Glad you got through the high water on your drive safely - that's crazy! Can't wait to hear more :)

Leslie said...

love fredericksburg AND that bakery! we went there, too!