
Raegan had a nasty fall almost 2 years ago and I thought y'all be interested in seeing these pics. Actually, I'm trying to learn how to use this new program, Photoscape, that Lynnie told me about so I was looking through all my pictures to find some to practice on and I found these. Isn't it crazy!
Here's the story for those of you who don't know: I was in my kitchen with my friend Carolyn, my kids, and her kids. There was alot of things going on and it was loud. Raegan was standing on the backside of a barstool on its foot rest facing the counter, the seat of the stool was level with her face. She must have lost balance because before I knew it she was falling back hitting the tile hard on the back of her head and as she was falling, she pulled the stool with her so it came crashing down on her poor nose. It was a horrible moment I'll never forget because her nose immediately started bleeding and looked deformed. I completely FREAKED out! Luckily Carolyn was there so as I was going "what do I do, what do I do?" Carolyn said, "let's GO!" We hopped in the car with, Me, Carolyn, Sydney, baby Luke(who still needed bottles, but we didn't grab the diaper bag), Abby, Bowen, and Raegan who sat on my lap because I didn't want to let go of her.
I was frantically trying to reach Jared, but he wasn't picking up his cell. I did fianlly reach him and he made it to the emergency room shortly after us. Once we were there Carolyn took all the kids, including the crying baby, home. We had waited for quite a while and were trying to push her in sooner by seeming sad and pathetic, but we seemed to be getting no sympathy when Raegan helped us in by throwing up (all over Jared BTW). Because of that they rushed us in. Raegan just happened to be wearing a brand new swimsuit, so we had to strip it of her because of all the throwup (she had a hard time forgiving me for throwing it away since she was in love with it). Jared also had to take off his shirt and throw it away, too. So he hung out in his garment top and discusting jeans which he would have thrown away too if it wouldn't have been so weird.
Anyway, after an x-ray and cat scan, they told us she had a broken nose and a small concusion and told us to go home and watch her because there was nothing they could do for her. So, after the first day she bounced right back to her normal cheerful, energetic self and was back to normal. Although we kept her out of public because as you can see from the pics, she looked pretty bad! Now she's great and you'd never be able to tell anything happened to her nose.
Here's the story for those of you who don't know: I was in my kitchen with my friend Carolyn, my kids, and her kids. There was alot of things going on and it was loud. Raegan was standing on the backside of a barstool on its foot rest facing the counter, the seat of the stool was level with her face. She must have lost balance because before I knew it she was falling back hitting the tile hard on the back of her head and as she was falling, she pulled the stool with her so it came crashing down on her poor nose. It was a horrible moment I'll never forget because her nose immediately started bleeding and looked deformed. I completely FREAKED out! Luckily Carolyn was there so as I was going "what do I do, what do I do?" Carolyn said, "let's GO!" We hopped in the car with, Me, Carolyn, Sydney, baby Luke(who still needed bottles, but we didn't grab the diaper bag), Abby, Bowen, and Raegan who sat on my lap because I didn't want to let go of her.
I was frantically trying to reach Jared, but he wasn't picking up his cell. I did fianlly reach him and he made it to the emergency room shortly after us. Once we were there Carolyn took all the kids, including the crying baby, home. We had waited for quite a while and were trying to push her in sooner by seeming sad and pathetic, but we seemed to be getting no sympathy when Raegan helped us in by throwing up (all over Jared BTW). Because of that they rushed us in. Raegan just happened to be wearing a brand new swimsuit, so we had to strip it of her because of all the throwup (she had a hard time forgiving me for throwing it away since she was in love with it). Jared also had to take off his shirt and throw it away, too. So he hung out in his garment top and discusting jeans which he would have thrown away too if it wouldn't have been so weird.
Anyway, after an x-ray and cat scan, they told us she had a broken nose and a small concusion and told us to go home and watch her because there was nothing they could do for her. So, after the first day she bounced right back to her normal cheerful, energetic self and was back to normal. Although we kept her out of public because as you can see from the pics, she looked pretty bad! Now she's great and you'd never be able to tell anything happened to her nose.
4 comments:
i totally remember when that happened, but i never saw her when she looked THAT sad!! i have a hard time even looking at those pictures, i can't imagine how it must have been to be the momma. :(
Good job Mellie! At first, when I saw these pictures, I thought it was eyeshadow that she had gotten in to. I thought, "There's no way that is a real bruise!" Poor Raegan. That is awesome that you can even tell she had that horrible accident. oh, I thought that you would want to know this...if you look at the toolbar on the right side (from the page portion of photoscape)you will see the word size, click on the acron, click on assign page size,change width and height to 900 (you can also click on the small acron again to see the different size options. Don't forget to change the height to match the width). That way, when you click on your collage, it pulls up bigger...like mine do. Love you!
Poor baby and momma!!! I am so glad that it didn't do any serious damage.
HOLY CRAP!! That is crazy! I would have freaked too! Poor girl! I hate it when my kids get hurt.
Post a Comment