Sunday, July 20, 2008

Glade and Johnnie Smith

Well, they did it! It's official, JoShell is now "Johnnie Smith"! She likes to make fun of how generic her name is now. I think they should name their son Joseph:)! What so you think?
It was a beautiful ceremony as they were sealed and it went great, but as soon as we stepped outside in the 98' humid Texas weather, we all began to melt and therefore, I didn't get to many good pics. So as soon as Jenny said we were done taking pics, we all ran to our cars and started the A/C. Then we headed to Spring Creek BBQ and it was so good!
Jared's brother, John, is in the Navy, but interestingly enough his hobby and part time job is cake decorating/flower arranging/photography so basically wedding coordinating except he does all the work himself (with a lot of help from his wife, Nancy)
Anyway, this is his creation and it turned out so good! He stayed up all night to finish it.

Fun at the reception! It was a great night seeing many people I hadn't seen in a while, including ALL of Jared's cousins, who I love so that was fun!


The night before the wedding we had a big buffet dinner to meet Glade's side of the family and that was fun! We took up about a 1/4th of the restaurant. Have I mentioned J's family is huge? Well, it is and it was a fun night!



8 comments:

Joyce said...

Beautiful Bride. Amazing cake. I'm glad you had such a good time.

Bertie said...

WOW!! A GUY did that cake! That is AWESOME!! What cute pictures:)

Lelani said...

Nice!!! I haven't seen you in a while!! We missed lunch this month ... Btw, that's a beautiful cake.

shelbrz said...

What a fun weekend!! I can't get over how gorgeous Johnnie is, she looked stunning! (You looked awesome too, missy) Well, it looks like everyone really had a great time, thoes Rossi's know how to have fun! Have fun with everyone in Houston...

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Tell Jonnie Smith she looked absolutely beautiful...you didn't look so bad yourself...that dress is really cute :) And the cake was awesome. Now I want some cake.

Mindy said...

Spring Creek BBQ is quite the hot spot up here. We went there after my sisters' wedding! Beautiful bride and awesome cake!

Kristen said...

Beautiful! I wish we were closer so we could have come. Johnnie looks amazing and I must say that cake is incredible!

Carolyn Fjord said...

WOW!! Johnnie looked GORGEOUS! I wish we could have been there! Mel you were smokin' hot in that pink dress! You guys are crazy when you all get together....how fun! I can not believe Jared's brother did that cake....that is crazy!