
We celebrated the 4th at our friends house, Jenny and Jose Nogales. We were so excited to go over there because they have the funniest pool and outdoor area so the kids had a blast!Notice those cakes that Rebecca and Jenny's daughter made. I made them pose for this pic as a joke and I'm so glad I did because the 3 of us had some good laughs at Rebecca's cake! It was so festive and cute, but apparently it was supposed to be made with a white cake mix and she didn't have one so she made it with pound cake instead. Anyway, because it had cream cheese frosting, it had to be in the fridge and that made the cake REALLY hard! So as we were cutting into it, I was making jokes about needing a chain saw and so on and so forth, then we tasted it and........
it was really good! But because of the hardness we asked Jenny if we could eat that other cute cake that her daughter, Marissa, had made and it was delicious and moist. Anyway, for some reason the 3 of us just cracked up about that hard cake and I have a feeling I'm not going to let it die. Sorry Rebecca!
9 comments:
Looks like fun! What a fun backyard! Those pizzas look really good; I might have to try that out.
i was trying to figure out how to grill the pizzas on both sides until you said that you add the toppings last. :)
looks like fun, we miss you guys!
For the record...my cake was gross. Marissa's was yum-0...couldn't get enough of it. Easy with the cake comment movie hot dog eater :)
That house does look really fun, and holy crap those pizzas look so GOOD! Do you make the dough from scratch? I need to try these!
I love the 4th! Everything looks better in Red, White & Blue!
Ummm! I was just talking to Greg ,yesterday, about trying pizza on the grill. That pool looks like so much fun....love the slide!
Nothing better than BBQ'd food and a pool on a hot 4th of July day. I love the 4th of July.
Looks like you had fun... I wish I was there with you guys!I miss my friends!! I love your 4th of July Scrapbook background! The cakes are so festive!!! I still would rather eat hard pound cake than a movie hot dog! :) LOVE YOU MEL!
Thanks for your comment on names! I agree with you on the trendiness thing, although I love trendy names in a lot of ways. My grandparents have some HORRIBLE names too! Of course I love Samuel, I married one! And Nathan is actually our main consideration. It was my brother's name who passed away & I love the name. Will is my nephew and its so cute. Luke is my other nephew! But I like your girl's names too. There are so many people with "trendy" names that maybe they won't seem awful when they have grandkids. They're cute now anyway!
Post a Comment