Thursday, April 16, 2009

Look everyone..... I did it! I planted a garden and things (other then weeds) grew in it! Here is J showing off my green onions. Isn't that a beautiful site!? I'm now looking forward to my tomatoes ripening. They are very cute little green balls right now. I also planted basil, cucumbers and red bell peppers- they don't look so good, but you never know they might come around.



Update:
So I thought I'd let you know how our eating out fast went. It was a month long goal we had and it started off so strong! For the first two weeks we were solid! Then a weekend came around- J and I went on a date and... we were weak. We couldn't help it! We went to an old family favorite Los Tios and I've never seen J eat so fast in my life! After he cleaned his plate I said, "I guess you were hungry" and he just said "it tastes so good!" I know he was sick of eating my cooking and pb&j sandwiches. After the 2 weeks, we were on and off. Overall, we cut back majorly on our eating out bill so it was really good for us!

4 comments:

Lazy Mom Amanda said...

I thought Jared was brushing his teeth but couldn't figure out what the green thing was. Too funny! How did you keep the dogs from eating your veggies?

Amberlynn said...

Wow, Mel. I hadn't realized how behind I was on your blog. I'm a bad, bad friend. Please forgive me. he,he! So, you planted a garden eh? That's awesome! Garden salads are the best! My mouth is watering, yum..yummy...yumo! And I'm laughing picturing J say, "it tastes so good." I could just hear him now; too funny! I'm impressed you were solid for two weeks, what will power. And the sad thing is, I'm being totally serious when I say that. :)

Christy and Brian said...

Wow already things growing, we haven't even started planting yet! That's what happens when it snows over spring break!

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

I too was trying to figure out why Jared was brushing his teeth with an onion. Too funny! I'm proud of you, planting a garden. Show off