Thursday, April 1, 2010

Before and After paint

So I finally found my camera. I honestly started thinking that someone must have come in to my house and stolen it because it's a huge camera and I couldn't find it anywhere. Well, after many frustrating days of looking for it, it showed up in a weird place in one of my closets.

I've had a lot of painting going on the last week. I'll start with the family room. Remember I had the paint samples on the wall and I was trying to decide on a color. Well, I didn't go with any of the sample colors. I just didn't really like any of them (kind of bummer).
BEFORE:
AFTER:I ended up just going with a really safe color. I wanted to go grey, but I was scared to with the gold tone in my couch. I'm happy enough with the color and will repaint when I get a new sofa (which won't be anytime soon). Although, I will be replacing the ottoman and pillows very soon!
Next is the dining room.
BEFORE:


AFTER:
I'm happy with the color, but my only issue is that its not as grey as I was wanting. It kind of looks blue. It's crazy because if you look at the paint chip, it looks really grey. Go figure...that's why using a decorator is so important!


Anyway, I am happy overall. I'm looking forward to getting a new light fixture, fabric for the chairs, a rug, new buffet lamps and a few urns for the table centerpiece.




Here's the bedroom.
BEFORE:



AFTER:




I'm very pleased with the way this color turned out. It feels so soothing and calming! I love how light the color is. Now, I'll be painting my bathroom walls, cabinets and crown molding (not looking forward to that).

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love all the colors. Good choice for the family room with your furniture colors. Can't wait to see them in person.

Leslie said...

i love all the changes, the bedroom color looks so pretty with your toile comforter! well done! :)

Mindy said...

love the changes! beautiful!