J and I just started a new challenge. I'm not sure what made him want to do this, but he came to me and said he wanted to not eat out for 1 month. This is a challenge for me!!! I'm the queen of takeout, girlfriend lunches and Friday date night yummy restaurant food. I must have been in a very peaceful state of mind when he asked me because I accepted his challenge.
This is also difficult for J. He eats out for lunch every single day of the week. J warned me that there may be times when he may really need to take a client out to lunch and so our deal is that if that happens, I get to go out to lunch with a girlfriend to even it up. And listen to this, Friday we are going to the rodeo as a date night, to me the best part of it food. I guess we'll be eating before we leave.
We started our challenge on Sunday and I'm still hanging in there. I even passed on a girlfriend lunch Tuesday after a tennis match and that was hard for me! The whole idea behind it all is to see if we can eat healthier and also to see how much cash we can save. I would hate to really see how much money I waste on eating out (all I know is that it's too much.)
I've been looking into a lot of new recipes and will be trying out lots of new foods so if I come across something good, I'll pass it on. Tonight I made a new recipe- eggplant parmesan casserole and it turned out pretty darn good! I have plenty of leftovers for dinner tomorrow night which will be nice.
Anyone out there want to take the challenge with me??? Come on you can do it! I need you!!! Let me know if you will and we can support each other!!!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Greg and I have tried this and well, failed! :) Hopefully y'all have better luck!! We have started to only eat out on the weekends though and have done well with that... if that counts. :) You are so right though, you would save a lot of money eating at home. Good luck and I am looking forward to seeing your recipes. I am always looking for good ones to try.
um, i believe jared has been watching oprah. that challenge was on her show! :) good luck, we eat out way too much, too. blah.
Ok, that's a tough challenge! I don't know if I could do that. Be sure and post all of those great new recipes on Lazy Moms to share with the rest of us!
Thank goodness your oven is working now! I'm totally not joining you though ;o) Let us know how it all turns out!
wait! what about lunch yesterday! the one I didn't show up for ... did you not eat?? oh, that would be a hard one. we've cut way back on eating out. we used to eat out a lot. now it's only 2 or 3 times a week. does the challenge include frozen foods like lean cuisine?
No, I went to jason's deli yesterday and did not partake. It was tough, but I did it. I actually ate a couple of granola bars before I left because I was at jared's office and that's all he had for me.Oh and I did sneak a couple of Rebecca's gingerbread muffins.
Wow, so brave. I don't wanna! Ha! I know you can do it Mellie. :)
Post a Comment