Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lazy Mom

Don't you love this ring!? Well, I won it on a website. I don't think I've ever won anything in my life so I feel like this is a good start! It's a really cute new site called Lazy Moms and the idea behind it is really cute. It's mom's sharing tips to make our crazy lives easier. Anyways, they do giveaways a lot and you can win by just entering a tip. The topic of the week was "How do you pamper yourself?" and this was winning answer:

My pampering tip is to take it easy while kids are at school. What I mean is- when my kids are at school, I feel like I have to make good use of that time being without them so I use that time to run errands, clean, etc. So to pamper myself, I'll pick a school day when I'm not scheduled to be anywhere and I'll stay at home, relax and catch up on my DVR. It's one of my favorite things! Unfortunately, I only manage to do it once a month because if I did it more i would feel guilty. I hate guilt!

The topic for Lazy Moms this week is Confessions of a Lazy Mom and so I feel like the tip I entered to pamper myself could also fall into the confession category. I know it's not that good of a confession, but my husband and mother-in-law both read this blog so I have to be careful what I say. hehehehe

7 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

LOve this ring. Way to go winner.

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Hey Melanie! Thanks for linking over to Lazy Moms. I used to have my own Lazy secrets, but I think they're all out in the open now!

Amanda Herrold said...

Thanks, Melanie. Can't wait to see you wearing your cute new ring!

Bertie said...

I have to admit I was very jealous that you won the ring-- but I guess I should have submitted a tip, huh? Oh well- I'm glad at least YOU got it!

And just to let you know- I'm all for hand me downs, and i think your jewelry is the only thing that would actually fit me... (plus the ring is readjustable) ;) I'm just sayin'

Sara said...

Hey Melanie! I don't know if you will even remember us. Terry and Jared were neighbors at Ricks and you two actually videoed Terry proposing to me! Anyway I found your blog about a month ago, so I thought I would finally comment so you would know I was stalking, it has been fun to see what you guys are up to, anyway just wanted to say hi!

Christy and Brian said...

I will have to check out that website. Cute ring! I can't believe you have 3 dogs. I am going to start calling you a crazy dog lady :) I have been so bad about blogging. I am trying to get back into the habit, but maybe it wasn't such a bad thing considering I was on the computer a couple times a day checking blogs :)

Anonymous said...

Yah, that is a good tip. If only I could be as lazy as you. Hehehe. Really love the ring!