I wanted to post these very cute recipe cards that my good buddy,
Rebecca made for me. I was having a bridal shower at my house for a friend with Lydia and
JoShell and
Lyd came up with the cutest idea. She wanted to get 3 family favorite dessert recipes from Jacqueline (the bride) to serve at the shower. She also wanted to make up cards with the recipes on them to give our guests as their party favor (which I thought was the
best idea). Anyway, for some reason, Lydia thought I was really creative with
scrapbooking so she asked me to be in charge of the cards. I know my limitations, and
scrapbooking is a big one in my life! I've never liked- I've tried many times, but in the end I just realized that for me, it's really boring. Back to the cards, I talked to my girl
Rebecca and asked her if she'd whip up one of her amazing cards for me so that everyone would think I was really talented. Being the good friend that she is she said yes and she even pretended like she wanted to!
Rebecca thank you so much!!!!! Look how cute they are:


I never had a chance to try this one, but my hubby really liked it! He did say that it would have been even better with heath bar on top.

This was really good. It was like a giant yummy cinnamon roll.
P.S. We are on day 6 of our challenge and we are still hanging in there. We went to the rodeo last night and we ate cereal before we left. We did by some toffee and a $4 coke (it was a good coke!) Tonight I made tacos and it wasn't easy because I NEVER cook on Friday or Saturday night (it's a rule a made up about 5 years ago). It just felt wrong to be in my kitchen on a Saturday. Plus, Jared and I played tennis today around lunchtime and I really wanted to go eat lunch with him after, but we couldn't (torture). Anyway, that's my update.
3 comments:
YYYYUUUUMMMMM
PS: can I make the cinn rolls without nuts???? I don't care for them .... or would it take away from the fact that they are pecan rolls?
Those are really cute! Mellie, you have the skillz to do that!!! For sure! Love ya.
Post a Comment