Monday, August 25, 2008

1st day of school!

It is such a joyous day today in the Rossi home!!! My girls are FINALLY starting school! I have to say, I've really enjoyed having these two at home for the summer, but I've had plenty of bonding time and therefore am ready for the break:) I don't really think break is the right word because somehow I'm so much busier when the kids are back in school with all there homework, projects, karate, gymnastics, having to wake up early to make school lunches etc., but I like the change into the structured life after having a long summer of completely NO structure! Plus, the hours of peace and quiet are complete heaven to me!!! Now I'm just waiting for next week when Luke starts pre-school!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Sydney and Raegan were so excited for their first day for several reasons, but #1 on their list was because of the new clothes! Sydney asked me last night if she could sleep in her clothes so that in the morning it would be SO much easier for her to get ready. I said no, is that mean?

Raegan was excited to go, but she's a major momma's girl and I think she would have been just as happy to stay home with me.


When Sydney went to Kindergarten for the first time Jared got choked up and I was like an emotionless man. I asked him how he was doing today and he said a little sad, but he wasn't about to cry. Then he said how hard it would be when Luke would start kindergarten and I said I won't be sad, I'm gonna do a happy dance! Then he called me heartless:(


Right when we walked into the first grade area, we saw Raegan's friend from church, Sophia Calvert, and look she's wearing the exact same outfit as Rae's! I thought that was so cute and I know Raegan liked it!

7 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Emotionless man? hmmmm....I think I've made a reference similar to that about you. Your kids are so cute.

Leslie said...

they look so grown up and cute in their matching outfits. and yes, you are heartless wishing that little boy away! some days, i feel the same way, but most of the time i just want miles to stop growing up.

DMK RANCH said...

Cute! I dressed my boys in matching outfits for school for a few years. They begged me not to ever do it again. Do you think the girls will outgrow it? I hope they don't it's so sweet.
I want to go to FL. My sister is moving there.
Love ya!

Jenny said...

So cute! Nothing like some popular fashion choices. It was fun seeing that cute Luke at lunch...Kindergarten is coming quick.

Anonymous said...

I love that "emotionless man".. they don't get us, do they? Your girls are so beautiful, inside and out! Love, Angie

Lelani said...

so cute!!! I have loved every stage of my kids growing up, but I must admit that I also do a happy dance the first day of school. of course, I didn't do a happy dance when Alyssa left for college. THAT is different. they are completely gone and I don't like that. :-)

Family Days said...

They look so cute in their matching outfits! I love it when school starts again! I love getting back in a routine and having the kids in bed early!