Friday, August 8, 2008

What a nerd!

My husband bought my girls the Guitar Hero a couple of months ago and one no paid too much attention to it until a couple of weeks ago when Jared's family was here visiting and it got brought out and played with a lot. After everyone was gone I noticed Sydney picking it up and slowly getting better and better. Then I picked it up one day and I got hooked! I am shamelessly addicted to the stupid Guitar Hero. What is wrong with me? I find myself playing it any chance I get and in the summer I get a whole lot of chances! So yesterday I was playing at about 4:30 and I thought CRAP what am I doing for dinner? Jared will be home soon, what can I put together the fastest so that I can get back to playing my game? I know egg casserole, it's just sausage, 10 eggs, half and half, and cheese - throw it in the oven and back to my game. It was perfect! And the picture you see is what Jared saw when he got home. He snapped this shot of me and called me a major nerd. I'm just excited that I'm better than him at something because he beats me at everything we do and that gets really annoying! So to make myself feel good I'll give him the guitar, tell him to play a song, and then when he's done, I'll play it and show him how much better at it I am than he is! Is that wrong?

Now excuse me while I go "play" with my daughter Sydney.

9 comments:

Amber Staub said...

That is hilarious! Way to beat him. I've played guitar hero a few times and had a blast. It's a lot of fun.

ShelbeeDawn said...

When I was at your house, Sydney and I played the same song on easy and she beat me.... you should be proud!

Sarah Young said...

That's how I got with Webkinz there for a bit. I know, I'm a total loser. I've never played Guitar Hero, but friends of mine who have swear by it's addictivness. So don't worry, you're not alone!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I've neevr played it before but have heard that it is so much fun and I've heard that by adults, so you're not the only one. :)

Melanie Rossi said...

Thanks for all your support!

Christy and Brian said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. When Justin got Guitar Hero I was soooo addicted, my eyes would burn from looking at the tv for so long.

Family Days said...

So funny! You Rock...Guitar hero says so! LOL!

Lelani said...

You are so funny. lol Hey, lunch this week works but later in the week.

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I've stepped up my games thanks to you! Medium ROCKS!