Saturday, August 30, 2008

My little bike riders

Look at these girls red, sweaty faces! This was after they'd gotten home from school by way of bicycles. Houston is WAY to hot and I have to say I'm ready for fall! Anyway, back to the girls bikes, they've been begging me to let them ride their bikes to school for a year, but being too scared that someone would snatch them up and too lazy to actually ride my bike with them, I just kept telling them "soon girls" (delaying the inevitable). Last Thursday was their first day, Jared, Luke and I all went along for the ride in the morning just to make sure they knew the way and all the rules. On their was home they were going to be all by themselves(with Abby and Bowen Fjord), but I have to confess that I got in my car and totally spied on them the whole way home! I'm such a stalker. I just wanted to make sure they were staying on the sidewalk and all that important stuff. They did beautifully, just the way I wanted them to and so now I hold my breath and let my babies grow a little more. Plus, I have a HUGE bonus, I don't have to take or pick them up from school!!! Freedom!

1 comment:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I stalk cater and callie all the time. I will time my errands where I drive home beside them as they ride their bikes.