Friday, August 29, 2008

Big boy bed and a sweet memory!


My baby is getting so big! He turns 3 in days and it's hard for me to believe how fast his life has gone. I got him into his new "big boy" bed several months ago and he has loved it! It's a queen sized bed (it was my grandmothers) so I just put him right in the middle of it so he won't roll off.
Well, last night at about 4:30, I woke up from a thud sound and then heard crying. I knew he had fallen out of bed, so I quickly went to his room, picked him up and laid down with him until he fell back asleep. I loved being in that moment because he had his cute little arm draped across my neck and his head was nuzzled next to my nose. I don't know about you, but I love the smell of my kids, I even love the way they smell when others might think they stink. I guess that's one of the mom mysteries that you can't understand until you are one. So as we laid together for about a half hour I was just breathing in his smell and soaking in the lovely memory that we were making. I also had NieNie on my mind and that helped me to really appreciate the good health that my family is in! I feel so grateful for the perfect (in my eyes) life I am living. I don't know how I got so lucky! My sister Carrie said to me once, "you really don't have any struggles in your life, do you?" And I thought- other than the mundane ones, no nothing. I do understand that things can change in an instant so for now, I'm loving my life and appreciating all my blessing!

No comments: