Friday, October 10, 2008

A fun couple of days

On Monday night Jared casually said to me at dinner, "We are going away Wednesday night, I have someone watching the kids (Lydia and my mom), I don't care what we do or where we go but we just need to get away!" So I said, "sounds great to me!"

So we only had 2 nights away from the kids and what better place for a quick getaway than San Antonio, TX? It is close enough to Houston and has many things to keep us entertained.


This is me being bored on the drive to San Antonio because Jared was on the phone a lot so I decided to take pictures for my own entertainment (many pictures!).

In our hotel room

So we decided to go through the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum which included a 3-D laser ride which the picture above is from, and one thing I didn't get a picture of was the haunted house we went through as part of this activity. Can I just say how stupid we both felt going through this dumb haunted house, first of all, it was the middle of day (Thursday) and secondly we aren't 16 years old! We felt so silly going through this all by ourselves (since we were the only costumers) and we actually were really scared. The whole time we were in there I kept wanting it to end and it seemed like it lasted forever! in the end we did have a GOOD laugh about it so maybe it was worth it after all!



A couple of years ago we started getting couples massages when we would go on vacation and it has just turned into a tradition and I have to say it's defiantly a good tradition! I would highly recommend it!



On the River walk (can you see the boat in the background)


This shirt is my all time favorite shirt that I own. You probably already know that because I wear it so much, but I can't help it, it's so comfortable and thin, which is important for Texas! Anyway, I'm afraid that one of these days Jared is going to have to put together an intervention for me to insist that I burn it.On the boat tour ride (it was very informative!)
We sure did take a lot of pictures of ourselves didn't we? We're so vain!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Mark and I have gone to San Antonio several times and we love it! The Riverwalk is our favorite.
I love the couples massage idea! I don't know if Mark would go for it though, Jared needs to tell him that it is "manly."

Amberlynn said...

Sounds Heavenly! No kids, and fun with your hubby. So, the couples massage is an AWESOME idea. Judd and I NEED to do that. I love massages. I was laughing because the pic after the massages, I was admiring your cute shirt. It caught my eye and I thought, that is soo cute; I like it! Then I scroll down and read that it is your favorite and you wear it all the time. Great minds think alike eh?! And yes, you are vain! Ha, ha! Love you!!

Jenny said...

No wonder why you looked so rested today ;o) My favorite picture is the one while you're driving with your head on Jared - you both look so great in it!

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Is this turning into a PG-13 blogsite? All that lovin, and partial nakedness on those tables? OK, JJ...glad you had a great time. San Antonio is fun!

Lelani said...

nice!!!! now that there's snow in Utah, I could whisk Dain away for skiing ... fun!