So since he's hunting for 7 days and needs 2 days to travel, I don't have to cook for 9 days! That's pretty cool in my book! So last night I figured I should make a big meal since I was going to be banning cooking till my hubby came back home. So me and the girls made roast (love a good easy roast!), salad, mashed potatoes, rolls and one of Jared's favorite desserts. It's a brownie trifle. It's a recipe I got from Carolyn and it's a crowd pleaser!
Layer with brownies, then pudding, then whipped cream
Put them in with the layering and repeat layering again
YUM!!!
Girls helping peel the potatoes
J let me know that he would not be shaving for the entire trip which of course is fine with me because I won't be there, but check out this picture above, this is what happens when Jared doesn't shave. It pretty much just becomes, as Shelby would say, a sweet porn mustache. He's not a hairy guy(thank goodness) and so his facial hair grows in quite patchy. I promise I'll take an after picture for your enjoyment! I'm actually really looking forward to seeing it!
Hope you have a great time sweetie! I miss you already!
9 comments:
We love brownie trifle - and pudding from scratch is the best! The girls look so cute helping in their aprons. Have fun J - can't wait to see the semi beard & stash ;-)
Brownie trifle is the best!! Do you have any left over! ;)
Have fun not cooking for 9 days!
You are a great mama and loving wife!
we like to call that a "mexistache." very nice. :)
Mexistache? I like that and it's so true! Thanks for the new nickname!
he looks like a bandido ... lol
yummy recipe! anything with brownies works well for me.
hey, where in Idaho?? I'm from Idaho ...
So, I'm really gonna have to adopt all these great traditions you Rossis' have. No wonder your so happily married! Regular get aways without the kids (check), couples massage (check, check), individual fun trips ie J hunting, You girls trip. You should write the book on FUN! I LOVE it! Seriously, very balanced. I'm observing since I'm pretty new at the whole marriage and mommy role! He, he...4 years of marriage is still pretty new right. Not like the big ole 10 yr Anniversary!!! Love ya!
haha ok seriously he really needs to shave that thing. I was hoping one day my older brother would be able to grow facial hair, but im guessing thats not going to happen. haha The food by the way...AMAZING, i wish i was there already to partake! Love you!!
Hey Mel, check out the new Mellie collage! I had to redo one because I didn't like it. Not my best work, so I redid for my blurb book. Now it looks pretty sweet. Check it out!
Post a Comment