Thursday, April 10, 2008

Final Hawaii Pics

Alright, we made it home after a crazy long red eye flight! What a fun trip we had! You all have to do it sometime! We were on the island of Kauai which is one of there less populated islands and so it was nice and slow and calm and just perfect for us. I would defiantly go back there! After it all though, I was ready to see my kids and it was fun seeing them run up to us, tripping over each other.
We went on the zip line tour which was something I've always wanted to do and it was a blast and beautiful of course! Check out those pearls. They told me that next to Asia, Hawaii has them for the best price. Actually, I originally wanted a strand of black pearls until we asked the sales woman how much to which she replied, "$30,000, but I'll give you 20% off" I thought that was a generous discount, but I had to pass and I'm excited about my white ones!


Jared went scuba diving here and saw some turtles and other cool sea creatures. This was a dive off a shoreline cruise(1/2 day) that we took and the day we went out was a windy day and so the waves were huge, so I ended up getting a little sea sick and I shared my breakfast with the fish! I was a little embarrassed, but after being assured that it happens a lot, I was relieved and felt a lot better!

Here we went kayaking 2 miles up this beautiful river, then hiked a mile to some cool waterfalls, where the king used to bath. If you were wondering, the water was freezing, but we couldn't resist getting in. This was one of my favorite days.

The 2 pics on the top was along the coast on our boat ride and it's actually where they filmed the opening scene of Jurassic Park. It was really cool to see in person (while vomiting). The lower 2 pics was Waima Canyon and was seriously breathtaking! The pic doesn't even do it justice.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

did you guys bring a photographer? who took all the pictures of the two of you? that waterfall looks amazing.

hawaii is the best. :)

Alisha said...

I love Hawaii. Sam & I went there for our honeymoon. Maybe we'll go back for our 10 year anniversary! It's gorgeous. Although-- you two are a lot more adventerous that Sam & I are!

Family Days said...

You guys are so adventurous! Looks like so much fun!

Kristen said...

What a fun trip! It looks like ya'll had a blast. We're actually going next February and seeing your pictures makes me even more excited!

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

Congrats on be married for 10 years. I can't believe it has been that long since we were roommates. I am so glad you guys had a fabulous trip and I hope your sun burned legs are feeling better.
p.s. I love using lansinoh on my lips too! I almost wrote about that but I thought people might think I am weird. I am so glad I am no the only weird one out there!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a nice trip and are home safely. The pictures were great! Looks like y'all had a wonderful time. I now have beach fever and want to take a vacation. :) I bet your kids were so excited to see you and vice versa.

Alisha said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! You're so nice! I don't know if Carianne has called you but we're going out to eat at Pappasitos for Sam's bday on Wed. Hope ya'll can make it! 7pm!

Sarah Young said...

That looks like so much fun! I'll have to show Justin that there's more to Hawaii than just sitting on a beach!

Amberlynn said...

So fun! You two rock!!