The first morning here, we woke up at about 5:00 a.m. (which was 10:00 a.m. Houston time) and we had a surfing lesson. I'm am actually surprised at how fun it was. The Fjords came here about a year ago and told us we had to surf so we gave it a shot. I was also surprised to find out that it's a lot easier then I had imagined. So defiantly I would recommend all you ladies that read this to give it a try!Nice huh! I don't normally like to show off my fine rear to just anyone, but I thought this might be pretty entertaining to some of you. As most of you know, I am NOT a sun goddess, in fact I do what I can to be in the shade at all cost and if I can't be , I slather on 50 SPF. My skin just doesn't do well with the sun. So in the morning we went surfing, I took all the proper precautions, I wore a long sleeve water shirt that had 50 SPF, I put sunblock all over my face and ears, and was about to put it on my legs when I said to myself, "That's silly, my legs will be under the water the whole time and plus I could probably use a little sun on those pastie white legs." (Take a look at the pic above, how I'm laying on my surfboard, I was like that alot of the lesson) So after an hour and a half lesson, I was out of the sun and when I went to take a shower a few hours later, I saw my lobster tan. I am in pain and honestly that pic does not do the redness justice! It's slightly embarrassing to go around w/ legs looking like this! Oh, well! Good thing Jared thinks I'm beautiful no matter how ugly my legs look.
9 comments:
Oh, Melanie- that looks so painful! I hope it goes away fast! The surfing looks totally fun:) Glad ya'll are having a ball!
Wow!!! I can't believe you are standing on the surf board. I thought it would be impossibly hard to get your balance. Sorry about the sun burn. Have Fun!!
oh man i love hawaii. you guys look hot!
i'm so jealous!! i'll take a burn like that if it means surfing in hawaii. hope you hale's are soaking it up!
Hawaii looks so fun. We wish you were there with ya! Your legs look awesome!
Those are some sexy legs! You suck....I wish I were surfing! Then again you did stay home with my kids when we went to Hawaii!! I love you Mel! I am glad you are having so much fun!!! Next time....we go TOGETHER!!!!!
Yes, next time we are going together for sure!
Sounds like y'all are having tons of fun!! You forget how much sunburns suck until it happens again! Hope it's feeling better by now!
o.k. I know I should be noticing how red your legs are but instead I am thinking...Mellie's legs are really skinny! No fair!! Sexy legs Mellie!!
Post a Comment