In the mean time, my husband is super busy w/ work so he leaves the dryer separated from the wall and stuffs the vent opening with a towel to keep the smell out (which it actually worked) and then we left it unplugged for about 8 days, so during these 8 days I had to take my laundry over to my mom's and Carolyn's house to be dried. And yes, it was a pain especially because not only are we a family of 5, but Luke is being potty trained and you all know that me extra dirty clothes, sheets and such.
Wow, this story has really gotten long! Sorry! Anyway, tonight after dinner Jared went out to where the vent comes out of the house and he found it! A huge birds nest complete with tons of straw, tons of lent, several broken eggs and a dead bird. (I'm relieved that it wasn't a rodent) It was crazy how much crap came out! After he dug everything out that he could, he got our leaf blower and pushed it up to the vent from the inside to blow out anything else. It was amazing to watch, we sat in the backyard looking at the lent blowing out and I swear it looked like it was snowing because the dumb nest had been blocking any air from getting out. That had to have been a fire hazard! Anyway, that's my gross story, hope you enjoyed! Make sure you all have your vents closed!
10 comments:
that is totally gross, but your ring looks really pretty! :)
That couldn't have been a pleasant odor. I didn't read anywhere...where you felt bad for the poor little bird that died!! I just read words like, dumb etc. :) My parents won't use their fire place in the living room because, apparently a bird has built a nest in the chimney area. You can hear the little chirps of the baby birds; cute! :)
Yikes! I can't even imagine the smell, ewwww. Thank goodness you figured it out though, that really was a fire hazard.
Ugh .. yuck!!! what a pain. glad you found it, though.
I am going to check my vent right now. About 9 yrs ago, we had a bird fly into the house through the fireplace. The builder forgot to put a screen on the top providing us with an adventure.
Where's the picture of the dead bird?! Glad you got the stink out! I can totally relate!
That is gross...didn't Carolyn have something gross in her wall as well?
Melanie-
I'm Lindsay, and I grew up with the Rossi fam in D'ville.
Anyways- that was about the grossest story ever! I can't even IMAGINE that smell. BLAH!
I'm glad the towel in the vent worked. Had it not, I would have had to get a hotel. I think it would have ruined everything!
That's nasty, Melanie. Glad you figured it out. I hate it when there's an anonymous smell and you know that you've cleaned everything. Not that it's ever happened to me....
That is so nasty! I will have to go and look to see if my vent is closed.
Post a Comment