Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My guilty pleasure


A couple of weeks ago I went with my close friend Rebecca and Carolyn who are my "tell it like it is" friends to see Kung Fu Panda w/ our kids. It was a showing at 11:50 which for most people on earth is called lunch time so naturally, I was hungry and what do you do when you're hungry? Yes, I walked up to that concession stand and with only a slight bit of guilt, I ordered a.....hot dog. Yes, I know it's a little gross, but I have to admit, I LOVE hot dogs! It is my guilty pleasure. So after I sat down with my delicious hot dog, Rebecca started off the "making fun of Mel" by asking me "are you really going to eat that?" I replied "yes, what did you think I was going to do with it?" A couple of days later Rebecca joined Carolyn in on the fun by asking her how gross she thought it was to eat a hot dog from the movie theater to which Carolyn replied "extremely!" Come on you people, just because it has been rolling on warmers for goodness knows how long doesn't mean it won't taste good!:) I love my food snob friends for being so honest, but I will still continue to eat the gross things!!! To my fellow bloggers, I'm curious to know how gross i really am, let me know if you would or wouldn't eat a movie hot dog.


The funny thing to me and what made me post about this was last week before we left to go to church, I came into my kitchen and found Luke holding 2 hot dogs in his hands and I just had to laugh! Like mother like son? I knew Rebecca and Carolyn would get a kick out of that.

8 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

It's gross! Find a decent guilty pleasure...reality tv, a batch of cookies in one sitting....come on....a movie theatre hot dog? Only people who should buy 2 seats but instead squeeze into 1 buy hot dogs at the movies. You don't fit the profile...I guess that's what I like about you....just when I think I know you.....you order a hot dog at the movies.

Melanie Rossi said...

Do you see what I mean people! She is so mean to me!

Carolyn Fjord said...

I agree! It's gross!! Eat a whole pan of brownies in one sitting or a tub of nasty store bought frosting! A deep fried snickers bar from the state fair... Anything but a movie theater hotdog!I still LOVE YOU MEL!

Sarah Young said...

I like hot dogs, especially grilled. But I'm pretty sure I'd never get one from the movie theater. Sorry woman, looks like you stand alone on this one!

Bertie said...

I'd eat one with you!! I LOVE roasted hotdogs- whether at the ball park, the movie theater or wherever- they just taste so good- and I don't have a roaster at my house... so I'd eat one with you if it were lunch time, and I was hungry:)

Family Days said...

You are so funny! Nothing like a good ole' hot dog every once in a while. When you haven't had them in a while they taste so good. A good old fashioned weenie roast is how I prefer them though. I have had them at ball games but never at the movies!

Anonymous said...

Add me to the list of your "food snob" friends. :) I am not a fan of hot dogs... especially from a movie theater!! But hey, we all have guilty pleasures and if yours is eating hot dogs then I think that's great...it could be worse right? ;)

Lelani said...

okay, I will admit publicly that I like hot dogs too ... Dain gives me a hard time about it. lol