Well, last night Ike came in around 12:00, but I went to bed at 10:30 so I didn't even hear it until about 2:30 when our power went out. I HATE being hot so before I went to bed I cranked my A/C down to 68', assuming that the electricity would go out, and my plan worked perfectly! I stayed cool all night! Jared was pretty antsy all night getting in and out of bed checking on things and at about 4:00 a.m. he decided he wanted to bring the kids into our room to sleep-since the winds seemed to be getting stronger. Then he heard a crash at about 6:00 and went to check and found that our pear tree by our garage had fallen over. Luckily it didn't hit anything and I did get several pics (yes, my name is Melanie) which I will post later.
We drove around this morning to check out the destruction and it was pretty crazy! TONS of fallen trees and TONS of fences down! We are thankful that we had no flooding!
I have been so hot all day and it is getting really old really fast! We put Luke to bed tonight and Jared had thought to call his office to see if the fax machine would pick up (and therefore we'd have electricity) and it did! So we brought cots, blankets and pillows up here to sleep tonight. His office is in Sugar Land and is an old house so it's perfect for a slumber party!
ANNOYING
No electricity means no power to the outside freezer which was recently stocked with a 1/2 a cow. Jared, along w/ 3 of his biggest friends, picked it up, put it on a trailer and took it over to the Fjord's house to hook up to their generator. Poor Jared worked his tail off tonight! He went with a group of friends and missionaries to help anyone in need and they were gone all day!
BTW
-I'm having cell phone issues so you probably won't be able to reach me.
-I'm in heaven right now! Safe family, cool air and blogging!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey family,
I'm so thankful you weathered the storm pretty well! I thought about ya'll all night! Wish you were here with me; I love you all!
love,
steph
so glad you found some a/c! i can't imagine living without it! take it easy, we're thinking of you guys!
Glad you guys fared okay! Justin has been worried about you. He said he kept calling Jared without any luck of reaching him. I told him to cool his stalkerazzi jets, you guys were probably up to your eyeballs in clean-up!
Mel it is so good to hear yall are doing well in such a hard time. Have you heard from Johnnie, Carrie, or Lydia to see how they are doing? I got a text from Lyd yesterday but nothing since. Please let me know! 214-697-4845
Post a Comment