Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike


Luke 2 weeks old- pic taken when we were Rita evacuees in Dallas
So we have a hurricane coming directly for us right now and I don't feel nervous because we are just far enough inland to not feel true harshness of the storm. Don't get me wrong, we will get heavy wind and rain, possibly a little flooding, but the worst part will be if we lose electricity! That would suck because it's still really hot in Houston! Anyway, this storm coming reminds me of hurricane Rita 3 years ago. Luke was 2 weeks old when I had to evacuate with my 2 friends, Carolyn and Shelby (and their kids of course). All 10 of us headed to Dallas to stay with J's parents and all 3 of our husbands stayed behind. It was horrible!!! It took us 9 hours to get to Dallas when it would have normally taken 5. And we were actually blessed to make it that fast because friends of ours that left 1 or 2 hours after we did were on the road for 24 hours. After I got home I let Jared know that I would never again separate from him during something like this! It was way too stressful!!! Anyway, we are going to have a hurricane party tonight with some of our friends so that will be fun! I hope I can get some cool pics of the storm!!!

1 comment:

Lelani said...

a party?? you're funny.