AHHHH Kyle field, home of the fighting Texas
Aggies, WHOOP! If you've never been to an A&M football game them according to my husband you haven't lived! Although I'm not technically an Aggie I have to agree with him on the fact that those games are entertaining! Aggie's are the absolute most devoted fans of all times and they more traditions than St. Nick. It's quite a sight to see the fans do the cheers, sway back and forth w/ their arms around their
neighbors(that they've just met) during the war hymn and of course hear them scream so loud that you can't hear yourself think! Oh and the band, it's a sight and one of my favorite parts of the game. In high school I thought it was "nerdy" to be in the band, but not at Kyle Field. No way! They are highly esteemed and looked up to here.
I have to say, because my grandfather was an
Ag. class of '48 (I think) I was raised to love and
Ag's and I do! The other grads in my family are Jason, my honey, and my sister Carrie. Anyway, Jared and Jason go to as many games as possible and this year they got season tickets with 10 seats, (in the nose bleed sec) but that allowed for us to take both with
families with all the kids to the game. Too bad they lost! That was a bummer.


My brother Jason and my honey are the biggest fans of the
Ags in the world! They are
constantly watching all the big A&M websites to find out all the
latest news for their team and they of course go to as many football games during the season as humanly possible.


Here's
Jaymo with his 3 girls, Amelia,
Bekah and Hannah. Can you believe he has 3 girls! Hopefully they will LOVE football! So far, they are showing signs of being true
girly, girls, but you never know maybe they'll at least humor their dad and pretend to enjoy it for his sake. They
do like going to the games because they say they like the "music" or some call it the fighting Texas Aggie Band.
DeAnn is known for her picture taking skills and I was so glad to see that she had brought her really nice camera to the game
because I knew she'd get some good shots and true to form , she got several, including this one of Syd which I LOVE!

J and D are so cute holding hands on our way to Kyle Field
I love sweet candid moments like this.

A REALLY fun part of game day is watching the band and the Corp march out to the field. Syd and Hannah are posing in front of the Corp. Did I mention it was so hot and we were sweating buckets in our t-shirts and shorts so I was feeling so sorry for the band members who had to have on pants and high boots.

Luke and daddy watching the band go by. I love these handsome boys!

Syd was trying to cool off in the grass

Gig 'em
aggies!

Notice how close to the top of the stadium we are. I do have to say though that we had a great view of the game! Apparently there aren't really any bad seats there.

Jason and sweet D's cute family. Jason calls her sweet D and I think it's the cutest nickname. It pretty much caught on with all our family. Jared's nickname for me is
Mamma. I hate that and I swear he does it just to bug me! He says he can't stop.

I have to say it was a fun day overall, but J and I learned quickly that Luke was not ready to go to a game yet. You see how we are sitting on bleachers and trust me when I say, there's not much leg room so you can only imagine what the poor people sitting in front of us were thinking as my soon to be 3 year old was hitting them in the back of the head with chewed up
hot dog pieces. He is defiantly banned from games for at least 1 more year.

By the end of the day the kids were exhausted and all 3 of them fell asleep in the car within 5 minutes.
3 comments:
Your family does so many fun things. I love it when kids fall asleep on the way home because they have had a full fun day.
Nothing like Texas football! Love it!
WHOOP!!!!!!!! Um, I think you forgot and left me, your adopted sister in law sordof, off of the list of family that graduated from A&M. HAHA! I love ya Mel!
Post a Comment