
Carianne- this is in your neighborhood. It crazy seeing so many HUGE trees like this one down!
Poor Carianne is out of town on a girls trip with her mom and sisters so I'm sure she's stressing a little, but don't worry, everyone is doing great! The kids think it's an adventure, plus no school. Whoaa!

These trees are Crepe Myrtle trees and they are ALL over our area. They don't grow to be
too big so they are an easy target for Ike. There are a ton of these poor trees blown down like these ones here.

We have had problems with this window leaking in the past so we knew we'd have a nice leak to wake up to in the morning.
Notice the tree outside the window.

That is my favorite pear tree that fell on my driveway. I still can't believe it didn't break a window or anything! I love this tree because I can park right under it and it gives me shade to help keep my car cool. Bummer!

Here is a shot from the view of my back patio. Notice the leaves everywhere, I tried to sweep them, but they are wet so they just stick to the ground. It sucks because everyone that comes in and out of my house tracks them in. It's so annoying that I gave up trying to keep it clean so imagine what the inside of my house looks like. Shelby- I promise it's bad!

That's Johnny Fjord on the left and Greg Ward on the right. Thanks for helping us guys!!!

I still can't believe they got it down without damaging my house or the fence or themselves! I told them they could be professional tree trimmers!

I doubt they will consider a new career.
5 comments:
I'm so happy you are all safe! I'm sorry about your pear tree. What a beautiful tree it was. I wonder if my parents got a lot of rain from Ike?
Insane! I can't believe it didn't break the windows?!? That was a close one. I've been wondering about the pine tree in the front of our old house, it was pretty weak. If you're driving by check & see.
P.S. Yeah right, your house is a mess & you "gave up". HA! Can't fool me girl... it won't last long. :)
I'm so glad you are all ok. I've been worried all weekend. Hopefully the power comes back on soon!
I'm glad everyone is safe! Sucks about your pear tree, but thank goodness it didn't do any damage to your house!
Post a Comment